DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF GOODS AND/OR SERVICES
The Bedroom Shop Online is a business in the retail industry that markets furniture, linen and homeware.
Prices on the website may vary from time to time and may be incorrectly displayed due to typing errors and are therefore subject to change at any time and without prior notification.
All prices quoted on the website are inclusive of VAT (value added tax).
The Bedroom Shop Online is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information. Any personal information pertaining to the customer will not be shared with any 3rd parties. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from:
The provision of goods and services by The Bedroom Shop Online is subject to availability. While we do try and keep the site updated with current and available products only, due to the fact that many bed linen and home ware products are imported, these products are only available while stocks last. While our suppliers do their best to keep us updated there may be periods from time to time where we are unaware that stock levels are depleted and products will still appear on the site. Also as shortages of imported materials and timbers used in the manufacture of locally produced products can cause production delays, we may remove and re-introduce products from time to time.
Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 2-3 days and manufacturing and delivery lead times confirmed by way of e-mail. We offer free delivery on linen and homeware orders over R950.00, orders below R950.00 are subject to a R95.00 shipping fee. We offer free delivery of beds and mattresses from our supporting depots in hub areas countrywide on orders over R3500.00. Orders under R3500.00 are subject to a R 350.00 delivery fee. Delivery costs to outlying areas are dependent on volume and access and distance from our supporting depot and will be confirmed by way of e-mail. We offer free delivery countrywide on our range of furniture, delivered with Timefreight Couriers. Please note deliveries to areas outside of the Garden Route are “delivery only” and do not include unwrapping and installation. As per our RETURNS AND REFUNDS POLICY below, goods must be unwrapped and inspected soonest after delivery and The Bedroom Shop Online notified immediately of any damage. In these cases all wrapping and packaging must be retained so that The Bedroom Shop Online can arrange delivery of replacements and the safe return of the damaged goods to their warehouse. It is required that faulty/damaged goods be returned in their original or suitable packaging. Note that delivery dates quoted are estimates and while every effort will be made to ensure estimated dates are honoured, circumstances beyond the control of The Bedroom Shop Online may cause delivery dates to be changed. The same applies to estimated timeframes on arranged delivery days as transporters can be delayed by unforeseen traffic, accidents and roadworks.
RETURNS AND REFUNDS POLICY
The provision of goods and services by The Bedroom Shop Online is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability where payment has been made, The Bedroom Shop Online will refund the client in full within 30 days. Any defective/faulty goods must be returned within 10 working days, with a copy of the invoice and packed in the original or suitable packaging, upon which The Bedroom Shop Online will replace the faulty goods or refund in full. In the unlikely event that goods are damaged in transit, The Bedroom Shop Online must be notified immediately and goods must be packed in original or suitable packaging in order for The Bedroom Shop Online to arrange replacement and upliftment of the damaged goods.
- Under no circumstances shall The Bedroom Shop Online be held liable for any damage arising from misuse, abuse or neglect of the goods or services supplied.
- The Bedroom Shop Online cannot be held liable for any damages to product that were assembled incorrectly by the customer.
Refunds will not be given:
- If a client simply changes their mind or has made the wrong decision; in certain circumstances a refund may be considered but will be subject to a 10% handling fee. In these cases where goods have already been delivered the client will be liable for costs of return of the goods to The Bedrooom Shop Online.
- If cleaning and maintenance instructions have not been followed.
GUARANTEES & WARRANTIES
Your invoice must be retained and is required for any guarantee policy to take effect. Guarantees and Warranties vary according to product/supplier and will be null and void should the goods be tampered with, abused or used/stored outside the manufacturers specifications.
COLOURS, FINISHES & SIZE
Whilst The Bedroom Shop Online will make every effort to match all colours and finishes due to the nature of the goods supplied, all goods are supplied on the understanding that there may be:
- Slight shade and grain variations, particularly with natural products such as wood and in hand painted products.
- Slight imperfections in hand finished pieces.
- Slight colour variations due to the nature of fabric and variations in dye lots.
- Oversizing to allow for shrinkage in quality, high threadcount products.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Cash deposits
- Visa, MasterCard, Diners or American Express credit cards via Paygate
- EFT: Please note that it may take up to 3 business working days until your payment reflects in our bank account and orders will only be processed or delivery will only be made when payment reflects.
- We do not accept cheques.
CREDIT CARD ACQUIRING AND SECURITY
Credit card transactions will be acquired for The Bedroom Shop Online via Paygate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for Nedbank. Paygate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no credit card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
CUSTOMER DETAILS SEPARATE FROM CARD DETAILS
Customer details will be stored by The Bedroom Shop Online separately from card details which are entered by the client on Paygate’s secure site. For more detail on Paygate refer to www.paygate.co.za
MERCHANT OUTLET COUNTRY AND TRANSACTION CURRENCY
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction Currency is South African Rand (ZAR)
- Payment in full or a 50% deposit for goods is required at time of placing all orders. Balance is due upon completion of order before delivery or collection. No orders will be processed without deposits/payment in full. No goods will be despatched until payment is made in full.
- All orders remain the property of The Bedroom Shop until payment has been received in full.
Cancellation of paid orders prior to delivery will be subject to a 10% handling fee. Deposits will not be refunded in the event of cancellation of already ordered/made “Special Order” goods.
The Bedroom Shop Online reserves the right not to accept an order under the following circumstances:
- Unavailability of stock to fulfil the order
- Inability to deliver goods to a specific area
- Payment not authorised
- Client does not comply with terms and conditions of sale
The Bedroom Shop Online takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
COUNTRY OF DOMICILE
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and The Bedroom Shop Online chooses as its domicilum citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, The Bedroom Shop, Knysna Mall, Main St, Knysna.
The Bedroom Shop Online may, in it’s sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
PLEASE NOTE – FESTIVE SEASON SHUTDOWN
Due to the annual shutdown of our suppliers and relevant depots from mid December to mid January and due to this the fact that many of our suppliers close their order books as early as August onwards, some of the products on our website may only be available for delivery in the next year. To ensure timeous delivery please make sure you place your orders well in advance, where possible we will store your goods free of charge should they be ready before the estimated delivery date. Please be sure to confirm an estimated delivery date with one of our consultants before purchasing.
firstname.lastname@example.org 0861 382283